Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quick blog #4

I am not really sure of the example she is putting out there. Some girls might see there parents as "haters" for not allowing them to do things. It could be a rally cry to rebel against ones parents?

I also find the video semi annoying...I think the little girl at the end of it is so cute. However, I think the "teacher" dancing on the floor like a stripper was a bit unnecessary.I am pretty sure that Willow Smith has a lot of young fans, so I mean really? That was the only thing I thought was inappropriate besides the fact that Willow Smith is being exploited or at least in my mind, I disagree with all of the children who have not hit puberty yet having careers and talking about adult things like swag, haters, and love. I think they are just being used to make money for their families. Not all.

The lady who dressed her daughter up like Madonna is, in my opinion, either living out her dreams through her child or plain old ignorant. I don't understand why that is cute.



   

2 comments:

  1. On the one hand, I kind of like how before the whole setting and their clothes are all white, symbolizing conformity and boredom in modern life. Willow whips her hair and magically enlivens the environment, and talks about not letting hates get her down, thus encouraging children to be their unique selves. BUT the moves and images and some words are very mature and adult. The reality is that the hair-whipping SOMETIMES is a maneuver that strippers use in their dancing. To bring those motifs into contact with children is very disturbing. So my take is mixed, but there is def. worse out there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think this video is annoying. I think she is too young too even know what a hater is. Maybe after this video she will have a few haters;)

    ReplyDelete