Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Question G- "Who Owns How Much"

I believe that this article makes it clear that there is a corrolation between race and income that cannot be ignored. To me this article shows the difference between African Americans and Whites that reminds me of how Johnson said that people who are not of color would say things such as if only the blacks were smarter or put more effort into life that they would be better off. When I saw the statistics and then read the "Scraping By" section I was like yes this is why we have classim to deal with too. Its because the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Now getting back to what Johnson said, people cannot look at the statistics and not see that it is unfair. I feel like this article reinforced the problems we have with class, gender, race, etc. The thing that we see here is what happens when the distribution of wealth is not being done well because the rich will not give up what they have to those less fortunate. The thing that got to me about this article is that it clearly shows the issue classism is to this country. I cannot understand how people like politicians can allow this to happen when they work for the people (all the people) not just the rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment